We are seeking a Cloud Services Practice Director
Pandera is a Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner and is looking for a Cloud expert to lead our growing Cloud Practice. If you’re looking to be part of something special and you love implementing complex Cloud solutions at scale, or leading platform modernization and Cloud migration strategies for some of the largest companies in the world, Pandera is your home.
Summary of Work
The Cloud Director role is a leadership position of a team of certified technical experts. Working closely with the Chief Technology Officer, you will be responsible for Pandera’s Cloud vision and strategy, along with providing direction to the team in execution of the strategy. This position will also work very closely with Pandera’s Managed Services organization to ensure excellence in delivery across our hosted solutions and client migrations.
- Location: Preferred location is Florida, but not required
- Travel: Some travel to onsite client location(s) once travel is resumed
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Authorized to work in the USA
Duties and Tasks
- Key role in the development of strategic vision, strategy and roadmaps that guides the consumption of cloud and infrastructure services in accordance with security architectures and operational frameworks.
- Develops the maturity of Cloud Services to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas.
- Hands-on solution cloud architect supporting Cloud projects.
- Technical liaison to cloud technology partners and Pandera business leadership.
- Manage teams to measurable key-performance indicators and service levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology and business stakeholders to prioritize requests and projects.
- Understand and manage service-related expenses and projects with capital and expenditures.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of Cloud services to meet business needs.
- Provide coordination and communication with other divisions, user agencies, and outside sources to provide information and resolve problems on related issues.
- This resource must have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, and will be expected to provide advisory and consulting services to Pandera prospects, clients and partners.
Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, or a closely related field, and five years of current and progressively responsible professional-level hands-on work experience in Cloud-based technology roles.
- Hands-on leadership experience driving adoption and change both internally and externally.
- Hands-on experience creating reference architectures based on client requirements.
- Hands-on experience estimating appropriately sized resources, consumption, and technical debt based on reference architecture.
- Hands-on experience migrating workloads from on-prem-to-cloud or cloud-to-cloud.
- Hands-on experience implementing automation routines for both development and operations.
- Hands-on experience implementing logging, monitoring, alerting, and reporting solutions.
- Hands-on experience implementing security controls, vulnerability testing, and DevSecOps.
- In-depth and hands-on networking experience and exposure for both on-prem and cloud environments.
- Industry experience implementing compliance and regulatory security paradigms within architected solutions.
- Knowledgeable of SOC II Type 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, and CCPA regulations and how they impact cloud-hosted solutions.
- Knowledgeable of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention technologies, implementation strategies, and impact to architectural designs.
- In-depth systems administration experience for Linux and Windows based systems.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities.
Preference given for candidates with the following experience and abilities:
- Cloud Architect or Engineering certifications in GCP, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Recent experience with Terraform, Deployment Manager, CloudFormation, or Resource Manager.
- Experience in large scale Cloud Migration projects in the following industries: Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Finance.
- Experience with overall design and implementation of large Cloud Migrations.
- Building a mature cloud and infrastructure organization.
- Continuous and persistence in process improvement.
- Demonstrated success in driving technology modernization and innovation.
- Experience in building and managing an environment that is highly automated and agile.
Interested in the position or have questions?
If you are interested in learning more about the position or want to learn more about what we do at Pandera, please contact us directly at email@example.com. Use our job listing on ApplicantStack to submit all resumes. We look forward to hearing from you.