We are seeking a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect
Pandera is a Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner and is looking for a Solutions Architecture expert to lead our growing Cloud Practice. If you’re looking to be part of something special and you love implementing complex Cloud solutions at scale, or leading platform modernization and Cloud migration strategies for some of the largest companies in the world, Pandera is your home.
Summary of Work
The Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect role is one of many on a team of certified technical experts. Working closely with the Cloud Services Practice Director, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions based on the customer’s vision and strategy, along with providing direction to the team as they build the solution. This is a customer facing position requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand a solution from top-to-bottom.
- Location: Central or Eastern Time Zones
- Travel: Some travel to onsite client location(s) once travel is resumed
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Authorized to work in the USA
Duties and Tasks
- Analyze, Assess, and Plan the architecture, components, integration, and configuration of a net-new solution.
- Document, Review, Revise, and Finalize Technical Design Documentation, Implementation Plans & Checklists, and Test & Validation Plans.
- Research the appropriate technology selections & choices for a customer given a set of requirements.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Work closely with the Cloud Solutions practice director to ensure practice vision and standards are executed regarding both internal and external roadmaps.
- Engage with clients, pre- and post-sale, to identify, describe, and formalize Statements of Work.
- Instruct client development and devops teams on how to extend, support, and monitor cloud-based solutions.
- Technical liaison between Pandera based engineering and delivery teams to ensure solution requirements and implementation plans are accurately described, understood, and adopted.
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices may have.
- Inform various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, or a closely related field, and three years of current and progressively responsible professional-level hands-on work experience in Solution Architecture roles.
- Hands-on experience creating net-new solutions, and enhancing existing solutions, which leverage commercially-available-off-the-shelf (COTS) cloud services and technologies.
- Direct experience leading architectural review sessions with customers, internal project teams, and executive leadership.
- Hands-on experience building prototypes for architected solutions and demonstrating that prototype to a customer.
- Hands-on leadership experience driving adoption and change both internally and externally.
- Hands-on experience creating reference architectures based on client requirements.
- Hands-on experience estimating appropriately sized resources, consumption, and technical debt based on reference architecture.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities.
- Leadership of a delivery team through the assess and plan phases for the project lifecycle.
- Intimate experience and advanced skills with modeling and diagraming tools like Visio, Draw.io, LucidCharts, and Oracle Data Modeler.
- Expert user of productivity tools like Microsoft Office and GSuite.
- Recent implementation and deployment into production of at least two any of these types of solutions:
- One monolithic solution coded in Java, .Net, NodeJS, or Python
- One microservices oriented solution
- One solution leveraging containers in some fashion
- Experience creating automation routines using scripting languages like Powershell and Bash
Preference given for candidates with the following experience and abilities:
- Cloud Architect or Engineering certifications in GCP, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Leadership of a delivery team through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable of SOC II Type 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, and CCPA regulations and how they impact cloud-hosted solutions.
- Prior experience addressing compliance and regulatory security paradigms within architected solutions.
- Deep understanding of DevSecOps principles.
- Experience in large scale Cloud Migration projects in the following industries: Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Finance.
- Experience with overall design and implementation of large Cloud Migrations.
- Demonstrated success in driving technology modernization and innovation.
- Experience in building and managing an environment that is highly automated and agile.
- Experience building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes and Istio.
- Advanced skills with Linux and Windows System Administration.
What do you get out of this?
You are a hot commodity and having you on the team would be an honor to us! Here are some of the ways we pay it forward to recognize your contribution to our vision!
- Be Rewarded – A competitive salary along with financial incentives for internally sourcing resources along with a strong 401k match and
- Be Healthy – Health, dental, and vision offered through top tier providers and personal & sick leave to keep you feeling at the top of your game.
- Be Inspired – Collaborative workspace, remote options, and vacation to keep your mind fresh and ready to take on the next new idea.
- Be Supported – A large network of industry experts, internal training platform, and external learning opportunities to grow your skills and experience.
- Be a Team – Team outings, happy hours, passion presentations, volunteer opportunities, meetups, etc. we are creating a community to continuously share and grow as a team.
Interested in the position or have questions?
If you are interested in learning more about the position or want to learn more about what we do at Pandera, please contact us directly at email@example.com. Use our job listing on ApplicantStack to submit all resumes. We look forward to hearing from you.